MITCH'S PRESERVES CORNFLOUR SPONGE
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup castor sugar
- 3/4 cup cornflour
- 1 tablespoon custard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
Preheat oven 180oC
Grease and line 2 x 20cm cake tins
Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add sugar and gradually incorporate egg yolks. Sift cornflour, custard powder and bicarb soda twice, then fold into egg mixture. Do not over mix.
Bake 20-25 minutes. Unmould after 5 minutes.
Love this easy Sponge recipe. Absolutely perfect simply with whipped cream and Mitch's Preserves Jam of choice and a dusting of icing sugar on top.
You could also substitute Jam for our delicious Lemon Butter.
BROCCOLI, CORN AND HALOUMI FRITTERS
1/2 Large head (about 150g) broccoli
75g (1/2 cup) SR Flour
80ml (1/3 cup) milk
300g can corn kernels, rinsed, drained
100g haloumi, coarsely grated
2 tbs chopped fresh chives
1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
Baby spinach, sliced avocado, cherry tomatoes, to serve
Mitch's Preserves 'Sweet Chilli Sauce' to serve
- Cut Broccoli into pieces, including the stem. Place in a food processor, and pulse until finely chopped
- Place the SR Flour and egg in a large bowl. Gradually add milk, whisking until mixture is well combined and smooth.
- Add the broccoli, corn, haloumi, chives and lemon rind to the flour mixture. Season. Stir until well combined.
- Head 1 tbs oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add 1/4 cupfuls of the fritter mixture. Use the back of a spoon to flatten slightly.
- Cook the fritters for 2 mins or until golden. Turn and cook for a further 2 mins or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with spinach, avocado, tomato salad.
Don't forget to add Mitch's Preserves Sweet Chilli Sauce.
OLD ENGLISH SLICE
- 1 1/2 Cups SR Flour
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Oatmeal
- 1/2 lb Butter (250g) melted
- 1 Cup Coconut
Mitch's Preserves JAM (Fourberries, Strawberry, Raspberry, Blackberry, Plum & Raspberry, Fig, Strawberry & Rhubarb and Apricot)
Mix butter, into dry ingredients.
Spread half in a greased (or lined) tin and pack down.
Spread with JAM.
Sprinkle remainder of the mix over the JAM.
Bake for about 20 - 30 mins until golden brown.
RASPBERRY JAM CAKES
- 185g unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Caster Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 Eggs, separated
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Cups Plain Flour
- 1/3 Cup Milk
Icing Sugar to dust.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees and lightly grease a 12 hole muffin tin.
Beat the butter and sugar until pale. Add vanilla, then egg yolks 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the baking powder and a pinch of salt, then add the flour and milk alternatively, beating until well combined.
Whisk the egg whites in another bowl until soft peaks form. Fold them into the batter using a metal spoon.
Place 2 tablespoons of batter in each muffin hole. Make an indentation in the batter and fill with a teaspoon of JAM. Top each with a tablespoon of batter. Bake for 20 - 25 mins until lightly golden. Leave to cool in the pan for 5 mins, then turn out onto wire rack. Dust with icing sugar when cool.
I think some chopped white chocolate would make a lovely addition to the mixture as well.
- 2 Cups SR Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chicken Stock Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Hot Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Parsley
- 80g Butter - melted
- 6 Slices Ham - chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups Tasty Cheese - grated
- 1 Egg - lightly beaton
- 1 Cup Milk
Grease 12 hole muffin pan.
Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl.
Add parsley, cheese and ham - stir through.
Combine egg, milk and Mitch's Onion Jam.
Add melted butter.
Mix to combine with a flat knife. Do not over mix.
Spoon mixture into prepared tin.
Bake in moderate oven (180) for 20 - 25 mins.
MEATLESS SAUSAGE ROLLS
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 2 Cups grated Cheese
- Grated Zucchini
- Grated Carrot
- Onion - Grated
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- A good teaspoon of Mixed Herbs
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Jar Mitch's Tomato Relish
- 3 Tablespoons BBQ Sauce
- 6 Sheets Puff Pastry
Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Place mixture on pastry and roll into sausage rolls.
Brush with egg wash and top with Sesame Seeds or Poppy Seeds.
Cook 180 degrees for 40 - 45 mins.
GINGER FLUFF SPONGE
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Cornflour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Desert Spoons Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon each of Ground Cinnamon, Cocoa and Mixed Spice
- 1 Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Bi-Carb Soda
- 1 Desert Spoon of Golden Syrup
Beat eggs and sugar together for 20 mins, then sift in dry ingredients and mix well. Lightly fold through Golden Syrup. Bake in quick oven 15 - 20 mins.
When cold fill with cream and Mitch's Strawberry & Rhubarb Jam and dust with icing sugar on top.
PEANUT BUTTER AND JAM COOKIES
- 140g Melted Butter
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 1/2 Cup Castor Sugar
- 1/2 Packet Reese Peanut Butter Chips
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 3/4 Cup Self Raising Flour
- 1 Tblsp Coca
Mix Butter and Sugar together then add essence and egg and Raspberry Jam.
Stir in sifted Flour/Cocoa and mix in Reece Peanut Butter Chips.
Bake in moderate oven for 10 - 12 minutes.
Can double Recipe